Aged care decisions
Placement Services for Health Professionals
At Aged Care Decisions we provide specialist support to Health Care Professionals in Aged Care, Social Work, Discharge Planning and Geriatrics.
We are the top Aged Care placement service in Australia, providing 100% free support to over 2,000 families each month.
Opportunities for support include:
- Our free Healthcare professional platform, the Aged Care Placement Portal provides specialist support to health professionals involved in the discharge of elderly patients into Aged Care.
- Access to our highly trained Aged Care Placement specialists to assist with matched placements and care options for patients and their families.
- Access to free resources and helpful links for health professionals and patients via our Information Hub.
- 100% free support to our placement services for hospitals, patients and their families.
The Aged Care Placement Portal is a one-stop-shop, allowing health professionals to refer patients to our Placement Team to have their discharge into residential aged care expedited.
The Portal is streamlined to allow for clinicians of all disciplines to access and refer based on the needs of their patient, with minimal time investment.
The Placement Team reports updates and outcomes back to the referrer via the Portal all the way through to placement. Our Information Hub provides a central repository of useful resources for health professionals, patients and their families.
To accommodate hospital discharge timelines and patients needs, the team’s service is unique in a number of ways:
- An individual Placement Specialist works with the family throughout the placement process;
- The Team is available 7 days a week for referral and consultation, therefore being able to expedite placement;
- Referrals can be made online via the Aged Care Placement Portal with your own unique login;
- Updates and outcomes are reported back to the referring party;
- The Portal provides a one-stop-shop containing all case information and placement progress notes;
- The Aged Care Placement team has sole access to a live database of vacancies, and after-hours admissions contact information for registered providers.
Extending the team
Service to Hospitals
We understand that supporting patient discharge from hospitals into Aged Care can involve;
1. Involve High Stress
Once a hospital is registered, Clinicians, social workers and discharge planners can easily refer cases to the Aged Care Placement team to have their discharge into Residential Aged Care expedited. The referral can be made manually, or via the Aged Care Placement Portal. The referral process is designed to be streamlined to allow for clinicians of all disciplines to access and refer based on the needs of their patients with minimal time Investment.
2. Require Urgent Care
Clinicians will also be able to track the progress of an individual patient through the placement process, from referral to discharge and successful placement.
3. Need 24/7 Support for Family and Other Stakeholders
At Aged Care Decisions we know that Hospitals do not work on a 9 to 5 schedule, therefore the Aged Care Placement team is available 7 days a week, with confirmation of receipt of referral within 30 minutes any time of the day.