Aged care decisions
Placement Services for Health Professionals
At Aged Care Decisions we provide specialist support to Health Care Professionals in Aged Care, Social Work, Discharge Planning and Geriatrics.
We are the top Aged Care placement service in Australia, providing Emergency Placement services to the key national respite programs.
Opportunities for support include:
- Access to our highly trained Aged Care Placement staff to assist with questions and information reguarding placements and care options
- Staff training modules delivered in house with focus on discharge planning for aged care
- Advice on placement for difficult to place cases
- 100% free access to our services for patients and their families.
The Emergency Placement Portal is a Heath Care Professional platform designed for hospital social workers to work with our Aged Care Decisions’ “Emergency Placement” team to effectively and more efficiently place patients into Aged Care.
The Emergency Placement Portal enables social workers to create new patient cases, store patient information, submit placement referrals to Aged Care Decisions, receive and send placement referrals to families, and monitor the status of cases.
To accommodate the urgency of emergency placement into Aged Care, the teams service is unique in a number of ways:
- An individual Placement Specialist works with the family throughout the placement process;
- The Team is available 7 days a week for referral and consultation therefore being able to expedite placement;
- The Team reports updates and outcomes to the referrer pathway;
- Referrer pathway participants are provided with user credentials to the Emergency;
- Placement Portal provides a one stop shop containing all case Information and placement progress notes;
- The Emergency Placement Team has sole access to a live access database and after hours admissions contact people for all providers working with Aged Care Decisions.
Extending the team
Service to Hospitals
We understand that supporting patient discharge from hospitals into Aged Care can involve;
1. Involve High Stress
Once a hospital is registered, Clinicians, social workers and discharge planners can easily refer cases to the Emergency Placement team to have their discharge into Residential Aged Care expedited. The referral can be made manually, or via the Emergency Placement Portal. The referral process is designed to be streamlined to allow for clinicians of all disciplines to access and refer based on the needs of their patients with minimal time Investment.
2. Require Urgent Care
Clinicians will also be able to track the progress of an individual patient through the placement process, from referral to discharge and successful placement.
3. Need 24/7 Support for Family and Other Stakeholders
At Aged Care Decisions we know that Hospitals do not work on a 9 to 5 schedule, therefore the Emergency Placement Team is available 7 days a week, with confirmation of receipt of referral within 30 minutes any time of the day.
100% FREE support for families
Become part of the team
Aged Care Decisions is here to help!
We will assist in any way we can and are always ready to take your call.
You can contact us at 1300 775 870 or fill in the form and we will contact you within an hour!