Aged Care Reviews Pty Ltd ACN 166 080 306, its trading businesses ‘Aged Care Decisions’ and ‘Care Decisions’, its websites located at https://agedcaredecisions.com.au and https://agedcarereviews.com.au, its subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia (collectively referred to as “Aged Care Reviews”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
Before you provide us with personal information about an individual that is health information or other sensitive information, you must ensure that you are authorised by the relevant individual to disclose that information to us.
1. What is Personal information?
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Examples include an individual’s name, address, contact number or email address.
“Sensitive information” is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and other information or opinions about an individual, such as racial or ethnic origin, membership of a political association, professional or trade association, or a trade union, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practises or criminal record. It also includes certain genetic and biometric information.
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect and hold a range of personal information in carrying out our business and functions. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, supplier, job applicant or in some other capacity.
You can always decline to give Aged Care Reviews any personal information we request, but that may mean we cannot provide you with some or all of the services you have requested. If you have any concerns about personal information we have requested, please let us know. We are unable to provide our services if you choose to not identify yourself or use a pseudonym.
2.1 Clients and prospective clients of Aged Care Reviews
The type of personal information that we collect will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and the kind of service that you request from us, but will typically include:
• your name;
• your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
• Medicare number;
• your age and/or date of birth;
• your demographic information, such as postcode;
• your preferences and/or opinions;
• information you provide to us through customer surveys;
• details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
• additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our website https://agedcaredecisions.com.au (“Site”), associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
• any other personal, health or clinical related information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party – including, but not limited to, information related to care provider preferences, sensitive health information including historic and current health diagnoses, medication requirements, family history, disabilities, or similar information, subsidized or government funded care funding approvals, and other information relevant to matching care needs preferences and budget to suitable care providers; and
• information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
To the extent that is relevant to the request you have made or the service we are providing, we may also collect and hold personal information about our clients or prospective clients that is sensitive information under the Privacy Act. For example we may collect health information about an individual.
2.2 Job applicants
We collect personal information when recruiting personnel, such as your name, contact details, your residency status, qualifications and work history. Generally, we will collect this information directly from you.
We may also collect personal information from third parties in ways which you would expect (for example, from recruitment agencies or referees you have nominated). Before offering you a position, we may collect additional details such as your tax file number and superannuation information and other information necessary to conduct background checks to determine your suitability for certain positions.
2.3 Other individuals
Aged Care Reviews may collect personal information about other individuals who are not clients of Aged Care Reviews. This includes:
• customers and members of the public who participate in events we are involved with;
• individual service providers, care providers and contractors to Aged Care Reviews; and
• other individuals who interact with Aged Care Reviews on a commercial basis.
The kinds of personal information we collect will depend on the capacity in which you are dealing with Aged Care Reviews. Generally, it would include your name, contact details, your role or position title, and information regarding our interactions and transactions with you.
3. How does Aged Care Reviews collect your personal information?
Aged Care Reviews collects personal information reasonably necessary to carry out our business, to assess and manage our clients’ needs, and provide services including the provision of support to families navigating the aged care, home care and disability care systems and provision of information in relation to same. We may also collect information to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services, for example managing client relationships.
We may collect your personal information directly from you, including over a call, or in the course of our dealings with you, for example when you:
• provide personal information to us, such as when you request information or referrals to suitable care providers from us, send us a direct query, subscribe to our email or other communications, enter a competition, provide feedback to us or otherwise interact with us;
• visit our Site or social media channels;
• apply for employment or engagement with us;
We may also collect personal information about you from other people or organisations. This may include:
• a person who makes enquiries about our services on your behalf or who otherwise interacts with us on your behalf (such as a family member or friend or other representative);
• recruitment agencies and previous employers, if you have applied for a position with us and with your consent; and
• our service providers and contractors (including IT service providers and payroll providers).
Should you or an authorised third party, such as a family member, request a customised report regarding residential aged care providers during a call with us, we may collect personal information, including sensitive information, over that and subsequent calls to us. We will collect, hold, use or disclose this personal information or sensitive information to provide accurate customised reports and associated products or services to you.
If we receive unsolicited information that we would not have otherwise collected, we will take reasonable steps, acting as soon as practicable to de-identify or destroy the information where lawful and reasonable to do so.
4. How does Aged Care Reviews use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with our services;
• to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to refer you to suitable care providers;
• to manage our relationships with care providers, suppliers and stakeholders;
• to contact and communicate with you;
• for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
• for quality assurance purposes and training which may include converting any call recordings into transcripts for internal purposes only;
• to answer any queries or complaints you may have about our services;
• for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
• to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
• for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
• to carry out internal functions including training;
• to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
• to consider your employment application or application for engagement with us.
5. How does Aged Care Reviews disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information:
• if you have engaged us to deliver a service, we may disclose information about you to service providers where this is relevant to our services;
• to third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and industry contacts;
• to our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
• to our existing or potential agents or business partners;
• to care providers that have registered with Aged Care Reviews to receive potential care recipient referrals via our service. Where this occurs care providers registered with Aged Care Reviews agree to terms and conditions as part of our service that require them to keep this information confidential, and only use this information for the proposes of assessing whether you are suitable to take up the services of the care provider. Where this occurs we will inform you of exactly which registered care providers we have transmitted your personal information to. Transmission of personal information occurs through secure electronic interfaces managed and operated by Aged Care Reviews.
• to anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
• to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.; and
• third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics.
When disclosing your personal information, we will not adopt your Medicare number as our own. We will only disclose your Medicare number as reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
6. Does Aged Care Reviews disclose information overseas?
Personal information collected and held by us may be disclosed to, and held at, a destination outside Australia where we use third party service providers to assist us in providing Aged Care Reviews’ services to you.
By providing us with personal information, you expressly agree and consent to the disclosure, transfer, storing or processing of your personal information to third parties located outside of Australia. . In providing this consent, you understand and acknowledge that countries outside Australia do not always have the same privacy protection obligations as Australia in relation to personal information. You also understand that in these circumstances, APP 8 will not apply, and if your information is handled by the overseas recipient in breach of the APPs, the recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
If you do not agree to disclosure of your personal information outside Australia by us, you should tell us that you do not consent. To do this, either elect not to submit the personal Information to us or contact us via the details set out at the bottom of this document.
7. How does Aged Care Reviews treat sensitive information?
In limited circumstances, Aged Care Reviews may collect information which is considered sensitive information. In general, we attempt to limit the collection of sensitive information we may collect from you, but depending on the uses you make of our services, this may not always be possible and we may collect sensitive information from you in order to carry out the services provided to you. However, we do not collect sensitive information from you without your consent. The use of any sensitive information collected will be limited to the purpose(s) for which it is collected.
8. Does Aged Care Reviews use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may use your personal information for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt- out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
9. How does Aged Care Reviews hold your information and keep it secure?
We generally hold personal information in computer systems, including computer systems operated for us by our service providers.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. This includes putting in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures, and taking appropriate security measures to protect electronic materials and requiring our service providers to do so.
Where the personal information is no longer required, subject to the relevant laws and regulations, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information is de-identified or destroyed.
10. Cookies and web beacons
Cookies may allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
12. Your rights to access and correct your personal information
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information but may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act, we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
13. How to make a complaint
If you believe that we have breached the APPs and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach.
Aged Care Reviews Pty Ltd ABN 44 166 080 306
PO Box 386
Southport BC QLD 4215
Phone: 1300 775 870
Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Privacy Officer.
We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
TTY: 1800 620 241
Last update: 10/05/2023