Aged Care Decisions is an Australian Agency for Aged Care providing families with a 100% Free placement and support service. We’re here to support Australia’s elderly population and their families through the aged care journey.
Our dedicated and passionate team work hard to match families with available residential care facilities, respite care and home care services. Families that work with us receive a customised list of options matching their loved ones care needs, budget and location.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to bring comfort to people by empowering them in their residential aged care and home care experience.
How do we work?
Aged Care Decisions is a 100% free and independent agency for aged care.
We work with over 70% of providers across metro areas in Australia and assist over 2,000 families per month using Australia’s largest aged care vacancy database. We’re here to help you every step of the way, including providing direct assistance to find the right place for your loved ones.
Our highly trained and professional Placement Specialists will prepare a customised list of vacancies that match your care needs, budget, preferred location and timeline. This allows you to make an independent and hassle-free decision with no stress – all for FREE!
Who works at Aged Care Decisions?
Meet our passionate, high-performing team.
The Aged Care Decisions team provides friendly and efficient service to families seeking aged care services.
Our fast-growing team is based in the sunny Gold Coast, and provides services nationwide via phone too.
Every support call is made by one of our in-house aged care specialists. When you give us a call, you always speak with a real person. No endless answering machine prompts!
Alternatively, there are online contact forms that you can fill out, and someone will give you a call back as soon as possible. If you are looking for aged care services near you, fill out our form here and we’ll contact you soon.
When choosing to work with us, there are two types of team members who will assist you on your journey:
- Care Assessment Officers – your first point of contact to help assess and understand the type of support you are looking for.
- Placement Specialists – your key contact for ongoing support.
Everyone in our business makes a valuable contribution to our success, always going above and beyond to assist families with a positive placement outcome.
Innovation is at the forefront of our objectives, with our in-house development team continuously working on existing and new technology to help make finding aged care even easier.
Looking for aged care?
Get a customised list of aged care options
What does Aged Care Decisions do?
Navigating the aged care system can be both confusing and time consuming. That’s why the team at Aged Care Decisions aim to make the process much easier and less stressful.
The person seeking aged care could be you, or someone close to you such as your mum, dad, sibling, in-law, grandparent or friend.
We see our support roles as so much more than just helping a family find a place for a loved one to be taken care of.
Our company takes a far more holistic approach, by recognising the myriad of questions a family has leading up to their decision. We also understand the emotional impact the process can have on their lives.
We believe our role is to make all the information accessible…
While taking as much of the stress out of the process as possible!
We’ll even coordinate tours with correctly matched facilities, helping families to find a home they love.
Why you might consider us when looking for aged care:
- Someone’s told you about our service, so you’d like to know more.
- You are doing some research for the future.
- A loved one has had a fall at home or has an injury.
- Your family member is in hospital and can’t come home.
- A loved one has a terminal illness (cancer or other diagnosis).
- A loved one has started showing signs of memory loss and wandering off (Alzheimer’s or dementia).
- The safety of a loved one is now a concern.
- The safety of others due to the behaviour of a loved one is a concern.
- A loved one can no longer carry out normal daily living activities alone.
- A loved one has stopped showering and cleaning themselves.
- You’re having to visit and help a loved one at their home more often, but don’t have the time.
- A loved one can no longer feed themselves.
- A loved one is currently getting in-home care but it’s not enough anymore.
- You are the current full-time carer for an elderly loved one and need a temporary break.
No matter why you are seeking aged care, our friendly team are ready to help you every step of the way.
Initially, we get to know more about your situation and help assess where you are in the aged care process.
This service is completely free and obligation-free, we can guarantee there’s no catch or hard selling tactics.
If you choose of the suitably matched aged care facilities we refer you to, the facility will pay us a fee. If you don’t choose a facility we referred you to, there is still no charge.
What can you expect from one of our calls?
If you are looking to find aged care at some point in the near future, you can fill out this form and Aged Care Decisions will get in contact with you.
Once you have filled out our enquiry form, you can expect to:
- Receive a call about finding aged care;
- Have a casual chat with us about you or your loved one’s situation, including what they are looking for or needing support with;
- Be provided with the information you need about what we do, what the aged care process includes and what the next steps could be.
Once you’re ready to take the first step towards finding aged care:
And are looking to find care in the next 3 months:
- We’ll ask a few basic questions about your loved one’s situation, current location and financial requirements;
- We’ll then directly transfer you to one of our Placement Specialists who will be your main point of contact going forward;
- Our placement specialists will ask a few more questions about your loved one’s care needs.
- Then, we’ll generate a specific list of aged care facilities that match your loved one’s requirements;
- You will be sent the list of options (Options Report) to choose from. The options report is usually around 5-7 aged care facilities for you to have a further look into;
- And finally we will contact the providers on your behalf.
Why is Aged Care Decisions FREE?
Our service is kept free to families, because registered aged care providers pay us a service fee instead.
Aged Care Decisions provides the same superior level of service and support to all potential residents and families. Regardless of financial capacity, location or clinical needs.
Whether a family already has a preferred facility or not, the level of support and service we provide remains the same. Even if the facility you are after is not registered with Aged Care Decisions.
The only difference in this instance is that we cannot provide a non-registered facility with any of your personal or clinical information due to privacy laws.
What can Aged Care Decisions help me with?
We do more than just providing a list of aged care vacancies.
Contact us to:
- Answer your questions about aged care.
- Provide you with aged care resources.
- Listen to your situation and try to guide you to the correct support service.
- Help guide you through the process of filling out forms and assessments.
- Create a customised list of aged care options, based on your care needs, budget and location.
- Provide information about aged care facilities.
- Help advocate for you to get a placement at your preferred facility.
- Help book a tour at the facilities in your shortlist.
Can Aged Care Decisions help with finding Home Care Providers?
Aged Care Decisions not only helps families find residential aged care, but also helps connect families with home care providers.
If you, or a loved one has been assigned a Home Care Package, we can help build a customised list of home care providers in your area. Aged Care Decisions contacts these providers on your behalf and helps speed up the process of finding a suitable provider for your home care package.
As part of our 100% Consumer Support Guarantee, our aged care specialists also provide phone support and expert advice about how to navigate the process of home care.
How did Aged Care Decisions get started?
Our first website, agedcarereviews.com.au, was founded by Andrew Henderson and Ken Ray in mid-2013.
Our founders both experienced the difficulty of finding a residential aged care residence for a loved one, with limited access to independent and reliable information.
This led them to create an online platform where families could share their impression of facilities. Families started sharing valuable information about the nursing homes, respite care and home care services they encountered. Everything from touring them to their actual experience of the care a facility provides.
By 2015, many hundreds of families had reached out to agedcarereviews.com.au for additional support and assistance. And that’s when we knew there was a larger need for a comprehensive, and free, end-to-end placement support service.
Before the founding of Aged Care Decisions, the only independent support option for families was to pay a ‘placement consultant’ thousands of dollars for assistance to find vacancies.
Launched in 2016, Aged Care Decisions was Australia’s first 100% free end-to-end aged care placement and support service. Working in partnership with aged care providers, we make finding aged care easier by matching families to facilities and providers that meet their care needs, preferences and budget.
The service is 100% free for families because the providers pay us instead.
Aged Care Decision is now Australia’s largest aged care placement and support service – assisting thousands of families each month to help them navigate the aged care maze, and find aged care vacancies in a fast, free and stress-free manner.
To learn more about Aged Care Decisions, or get assistance with your current situation, please call us on 1300 775 870 or fill out this form and we will get in touch with you.