How, where and why to contact My Aged Care


My Aged Care is the government-run body that coordinates subsidised aged care services in Australia. This is the organisation you need to contact to discuss and arrange official aged care funding and government programs.

We have put together a comprehensive list of My Aged Care phone numbers, website links and in-person locations where you can connect with a My Aged Care representative.

Add this article as a bookmark so you can find these details quickly, whenever you need them.

My Aged Care contact information

Australia’s aged care system is among the best in the world. Our government invests a significant amount of money to ensure that we all receive the care we need as we age.

It’s important to become familiar with how My Aged Care works, so you can take advantage of the residential aged care and at-home aged care services that are available to senior Australians.

Read more:

All about My Aged Care – Aged Care Decisions


How do you get in touch with My Aged Care?

There are lots of different ways to contact My Aged Care. As a government body, they ensure that there are multiple avenues open to get in touch, including online, on the phone and in person. They also offer options for hearing impaired Australians, to assist elderly Australians who suffer from loss of hearing.

This article contains a comprehensive list of contact numbers and avenues through which you can connect with My Aged Care, including My Aged Care customer service centres in each State.

Remember though, while My Aged Care is there to help, if you or your loved one are having an emergency, you should always call 000.


How to contact My Aged Care by phone

The My Aged Care number is 1800 200 422. Making a call to My Aged Care on this number is free from Australian landlines and some mobile phones.

This is the same for NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, WA, the ACT, Tasmania, and the Northern Territory.

You can call the My Aged Care Contact Centre from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday, and on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.

The My Aged Care Contact Centre is closed on Sundays and on public holidays.

If you are overseas and need to contact My Aged Care, call +61 2 6289 1555 on any weekday between 8:30 am and 5:40 pm AEST and ask for the My Aged Care contact centre.


How to get assistance to call My Aged Care

There are services to help you if you need assistance making a phone call to My Aged Care, including:

Using a support person

My Aged Care allows you to appoint a representative to speak on your behalf. This could be a family member, friend, a person you trust or an organisation. A representative can take care of all communication with My Aged Care for you and can assist you in making decisions about aged care assessments and referrals.

You can appoint a representative online here: Arranging someone to support you | My Aged Care or call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Translation services

If English is not your first language, there is an option to seek translation services. If you need a translator, call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422.

Hearing impaired services

If you or your loved one are hearing impaired, you can choose to use the National Relay Service or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.


How to contact My Aged Care online

My Aged Care have a comprehensive website to assist you to find out if you’re eligible for subsidised services, apply for assessments and manage the services you receive.

You can visit the My Aged Care Website here: Access Australian aged care information and services | My Aged Care

On the My Aged Care website you can:

Find out what kind of services are available and how to access them Types of aged care services | My Aged Care
Read about how people in similar situations to yours receive assistance What help is available? | My Aged Care
Find out if you’re eligible for services. Income and means assessments | My Aged Care
Find out about income and means tests. Income and means assessments | My Aged Care
Get an idea about what you might need to pay for aged care services. Fee estimator: How much will I pay? | My Aged Care
Apply for an aged care assessment online Apply for an aged care assessment online | My Aged Care
Manage the services you receive Manage your My Aged Care services | My Aged Care


Read more about eligibility for subsidised aged care services, and My Aged Care’s fee estimator:

My Aged Care – eligibility guidelines for senior Australians (

My Aged Care fee estimator – Aged Care Decisions


How to register for an online account with My Aged Care

When you register with My Aged Care, with your consent a personalised record is created for you. This is called your client record, and you can access it by logging into your Online Account using myGov. Your Online Account contains important information about you, your aged care services, and your interactions with My Aged Care.

Through your online My Aged Care account you can:

  • update your personal information.
  • see if you have been approved for services.
  • print out referrals to services.
  • see waiting times if you have been approved for a Home Care Package
  • upload documents to appoint representatives.

Find out more about online accounts here: How to use your Online Account | My Aged Care


How to visit My Aged Care in person

Face-to-face My Aged Care support is available at a growing number of locations, nationwide.

You can visit the Services Australia website here, to find out is face-to-face support is available near you: Aged Care Specialist Officer in My Aged Care face-to-face services – My Aged Care face-to-face services – Services Australia

State by state, these are the localities where you can find Service Australia centres with My Aged Care representatives:


What does an Aged Care Specialist Officer do?

An Aged Care Specialist Officer (ACSO) is part of My Aged Care face-to-face services.

An Aged Care Specialist Officer can:

  • provide in-depth information on the different types of aged care services.
  • check if you are eligible for government-funded services and making a referral for an aged care assessment.
  • help you appoint a representative for My Aged Care
  • provide financial information about aged care services.
  • connect you to local support services.

You can book a free face-to-face appointment with an ACSO through video chat if you have a myGov account, or in person at some service centres.

You can also book an appointment over the phone by calling 1800 227 475 on weekdays between 8.00am and 5.00pm.


How to contact My Aged Care in writing

While you can call the My Aged Care number six days a week, if you need to contact My Aged Care in writing, or need to send forms by post, you can address your letter to:

My Aged Care
PO Box 1237
Runaway Bay
QLD 4216.


Why contact My Aged Care?

My Aged Care is the only government body that deals with funding for aged care support.

You need to contact My Aged Care to organise government-funded aged care for yourself or your loved one.

If you wish to use only private services to meet your aged care needs, you must pay privately (with no government subsidies) for all the services you receive with the private provider you choose.


How to avoid My Aged Care scams

Senior Australians are often the target of criminal scams.

To avoid being the victim of a scam, be aware that My Aged Care will never:

  • Contact you directly through social media (like Facebook) or other messaging platforms (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Weibo)
  • Ask you for your bank details or passwords.
  • Call to offer a special deal on equipment or medication.

If you receive a phone call related to my Aged Care that doesn’t feel quite right, hang up the phone and contact the My Aged Care number on 1800 200 422. This number is the same for every state, Qld, NSW, Victoria, SA, WA etc. You may also want to report the issue to


What are the key services delivered by My Aged Care

The main function of My Aged Care is to help elderly Australians and their loved ones to navigate and access the Australian aged care system.

When you contact My Aged Care, you should be able to get help with:

  • Understanding the different aged care services provided by the Australian government.
  • Arranging an assessment with a My Aged Care team so the specific aged care services you require can be determined.
  • Accessing referrals and getting support to find the best service providers to meet your needs.
  • Understanding the possible costs of one-off or ongoing aged care services.


When should you contact My Aged Care

It might be time to talk to My Aged Care about an aged care plan if you or your loved one are experiencing:

  • Memory loss or issues
  • Age-related loss of mobility
  • Inability to accomplish basic daily tasks.
  • A decline in quality of life
  • Depression
  • Isolation

Remember, “aged care” does not necessarily mean going into a nursing home/residential aged care facility. My Aged Care can also help facilitate high-quality at-home care for elderly Australians.


How can I find an aged care provider?

This is where Aged Care Decisions can help.

As Australia’s leading aged care placement service, we are passionate about helping families through the aged care journey.

Here’s how our FREE, FAST, and INDEPENDENT aged care matching service works:


It’s easy to compare aged care options when you have all the information you need in one place.

Our service is 100% free for families because providers pay us a set fee on placement – so we are 100% independent and completely unbiased.

Connect with us today and we will assist you in your aged care journey.

Share this blog post with a family member or friend!


More Information

Home Care

Find a Home Care Package Provider you’ll love. Get a FREE list of Home Care Options.

Aged Care

Get a FREE customised list of Aged Care Room Vacancies near you.

Respite Care

Need a break? Get FREE assistance to find Respite Care options that suit your needs.

Free Download

Australian Carers Guide

Blog Categories

Aged Care Decisions


Let us assist you in finding Aged Care Services

We will assist in any way we can and are always ready to take your call.
You can contact us at 1300 775 870 or fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly.

*Please note: Job Seekers DO NOT CONTACT US. Our service is exclusive for families.*